This is a general English course at upper-intermediate level which prepares you for the Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE).
FCE is an exam for people who need to prove they can use everyday written and spoken English at an upper-intermediate level for work or study purposes.
On this course, you:
• study all four skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking)
• revise and extend your knowledge of English grammar.
• improve your pronunciation and increase your vocabulary.
• study with students from all over the world (maximum class size: 20 students)
According to Cambridge English, the FCE examination:
• uses real-life situations that are especially designed to help you communicate more effectively and learn the language skills you need
• gives you the level of English you need to work in an English speaking environment or study other courses at an upper intermediate level
• is internationally-recognised by a wide range of employers and educational institutions
You have the opportunity to take the internationally recognised Cambridge FCE examination, which is held in June. There will be an additional charge should you wish to enter for the examination - see your course tutor for more information.
You also receive a Reading College certificate on completion of your course.
To apply for this course, you need:
• an upper-intermediate level of English – we will invite you to the college to do a short placement test so that we can assess your level of English
You will need to purchase the course book at the start of the course. The cost for this is £30.
Students who complete the EFL Upper Intermediate + FCE course can progress onto the EFL Advanced + CAE course, or onto a different course.
You will study for three hours per week. Maximum class size - 20.
Each 10 week term has a fee of £280.
For more information or to book an assessment, please contact the college.
Start Date :
Thursday 12 April 2018
End Date :
Thursday 21 June 2018
16 to 18 EU tuition fee : £280.00|
19+ EU tuition fee : £280.00
| Kings Road, Reading|
Please note - Fees may be subject to change
WOULD YOU LIKE TO APPLY FOR THIS COURSE? PLEASE ENTER YOUR DETAILS BELOW TO RECEIVE AN APPLICATION FORM TO YOUR EMAIL: