This intermediate-level general English course prepares you for the Preliminary English Test (PET).
PET is an intermediate-level qualification in English that creates opportunities for work, study and travel.
On this course you:
• study all four skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking)
• revise and extend your knowledge of English grammar
• improve your pronunciation and increase your vocabulary
• study with students from all over the world (maximum class size: 20 students)
According to Cambridge English, the PET qualification:
• uses real-life situations that are especially designed to help you understand factual information and show awareness of opinions, attitudes and mood in both spoken and written English
• shows that you can use English to communicate with native speakers for everyday purpose.
• is internationally-recognised by a wide range of employers and educational institutions
You have the opportunity to take the internationally-recognised Cambridge PET examination, which is held in June. There will be an additional charge should you wish to enter for the examination - see your course tutor for more information.
You also receive a Reading College certificate on completion of your course.
To do this course you need to have an intermediate level of English. We will invite you to the college to do a short placement test so that we can assess your level of English.
You do not need to buy any books to do this course. The coursebook is included!
Students who complete the EFL Intermediate + PET course can progress onto the EFL Upper Intermediate + FCE course, or onto a different course.
You will study for three hours per week. Maximum class size - 20.
Each 10 week term has a fee of £280.
For more information or to book an assessment, please contact the college.
Kings Road, Reading|
Please note - Fees may be subject to change
WOULD YOU LIKE TO APPLY FOR THIS COURSE? PLEASE ENTER YOUR DETAILS BELOW TO RECEIVE AN APPLICATION FORM TO YOUR EMAIL: