This general English course is an advanced-level course which prepares you for the Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE), the leading English exam for university study.
Your learning covers the following main areas:
• study all four skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking)
• revise and extend your knowledge of English grammar
• improve your pronunciation and increase your vocabulary
• study with students from all over the world (maximum class size: 20 students)
According to Cambridge ESOL, the CAE qualification:
• meets the English language requirements of almost all the UK’s universities and colleges
• can help you gain up to 70 extra UCAS Tariff points towards your UK university or college application
• can help you stand out in a competitive environment
You have the opportunity to take the internationally-recognised Cambridge CAE examination, which is held in June. There will be an additional charge should you wish to enter for the examination - see your course tutor for more information.
You also receive a Reading College certificate on completion of your course.
You need to have an advanced-level of English to do this course.
We will invite you to come into the college to do a short placement test so that we can assess your level of English.
You will need to purchase the course book at the start of the course. The cost of the book is £30.
Students who complete the EFL Advanced + CAE course can progress onto an EFL Proficiency + CPE course, or onto other further education / higher education courses.
You will study for three hours per week. Maximum class size - 20.
Each 10 week term has a fee of £280.
For more information or to book an assessment, please contact the college.
Kings Road, Reading|
Please note - Fees may be subject to change
WOULD YOU LIKE TO APPLY FOR THIS COURSE? PLEASE ENTER YOUR DETAILS BELOW TO RECEIVE AN APPLICATION FORM TO YOUR EMAIL: